Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Trying to fill out-of-state painkiller prescriptions in Alabama...

Good luck with that! After much trial and error, I I have found a workaround to doing this...it just involved miles and miles of trying to find a friendly pharmacy. Apparently Vicodin is pretty abused in the South. Docs have informed me Alabama is the #1 addicted state. That puts those of us with legit back problems in the "guilty until proven innocent" category. 

At least literally all of the pharmacies here are drive-thru, so when the pharmacist takes a look at your California prescription, consults the (usually woman) in the white coat, and comes back to break the news that the pharmacist "doesn't feel comfortable filling this," you can minimize the humiliation by gently pressing on the accelerator. 

However, great news for once: After months of scheduling and rescheduling appointments to a "pain clinic," the doctor just informed me I'm the real deal, and now have a legit local prescription. They also detected benzos, so I guess I need a local script for that now too.

I should celebrate w/ a drink or something, being that I will be quitting alcohol in 2015. However, Noon seems too early. That and it's Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment