Saturday, December 12, 2015

Drinking like a fish

And why not? I'm going to quit drinking in 2016 so might as well go out with a bang, right? Let me try and articulate what I'm feeling right now, as I imbibe. 

I don't look as good. Face slightly bloated...will be worse tomorrow. 

Jeans I used to need a belt for now require no belt.

I'm thirsty and dehydrated.

I'm inadvertently brushing up against my gut where maybe that wasn't happening a few days ago. 

Still adjusting to my new *very* single status. 

Finally heard back from those two employers whose cities I visited. They are going to keep looking for candidates.

I'm very alone in the South. Nothing against the South, but there just aren't too many college educated *AND* single people here. Not too many folks with whom I can relate. Vodka somehow numbs that emptiness. Temporarily.

When I first moved down here, my friends who are from The South told me people would be real outgoing-like and invite to me church. That literally has never happened. Not that I would go, but the invite itself never came. 

Back to watching Vanderpump Rules. Hope I can stay awake for Conor McGregor v. Jose Aldo fight as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment