Thursday, December 3, 2015

Preamble

As the date stamp on this might suggest, it's December 3rd, 2015. While I drive a nice car and live in a nice apartment, I'm not happy with where my life is. When I drink, I forget for awhile, but remember all to well in the morning. The mornings make me...sad. And more depressed.

"Please meet me down at HR" are six words you don't want to hear during your workday...especially when you've relocated across the country for a new position. While those words certainly didn't help a casual resolution to drink less, they did (eventually) cause some forced reflection. 

I will continue to imbibe this month, although now I'm picking my spots. Random Tuesdays used to be a spot. 

At midnight on December 31st, I hope to be drunk and amongst friends, at which time I'll begin pounding Smartwaters and not look back. I've never been to a meeting so I'm not sure if this is accepted as fact, but water seems to enhance the buzz.

In any case, I've given up alcohol for the last five Lents or so. In 2014 I gave it up for 100 days. I think now I'm ready for something more aggressive. 

I'll be documenting my "journey" here in case it's of interest to anyone. If it's not, I'll call it a journal. Wish me luck.




No comments:

Post a Comment