Wednesday, April 13, 2016

100 Days Sober

Even though I'm still jobless it feels much better overall. My face has some contour and shape to it again, my clothes are looser, my alcohol-induced distended belly is largely gone and my mornings are hangover-free. Overall, I feel and look better.

That's not to imply I'm in-shape, because I have about 40 lbs to go. And that includes belly fat. In fact I've lost remarkably little weight, but again, things fit better so not sure what's going on. I know at my heaviest and most bloated I was 263.5. That was in 2013. Today I'm ~ 240. Goal: 200. Height is 6'3".

The thought of alcohol doesn't really appeal to me right now. I know on previous bouts of giving it up (Lent) I would still crave it. Even dream about it. But with a goal of quitting alcohol in 2016, it's a little different. I may or may not make it, but I have so far. 100 days down, 265 to go. Or something.






No comments:

Post a Comment