Friday, April 29, 2016

"Have you lost weight?"

Finally. The key motivator for quitting alcohol in 2016 − vanity − *finally* kicked in this week at my monthly pain clinic visit. The nurse right away was like...have you lost weight? Since I did away with the zig-zag fruitlessness of daily weigh-ins a couple of years ago, I might as well use the ol' pain clinic as some kind of journal. Well I stepped on, and eight pounds lighter from March, and 15 lbs lighter for the year. 

Other factors that may be at play, I quit swimming, and swapped in walking briskly on a treadmill, at a 4 percent incline and "3.2" whatever that number entails.

Gotta be honest...that felt great. I really don't even want to talk about it too much for fear of jinxing my progress, so I'll shut up now.

Happy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment